Helping Health Professionals Create Bestselling Books
Endorsement from David Sollars, LAc, acupuncturist and author of The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Acupuncture and Acupressure.
I’ve been a health writer and editor for more than 30 years, and have interviewed literally thousands of health professionals. A few of those pros have become my collaborators on books. (Please see below for a list of my collaborators.)
But I can only collaborate on a limited number of health books, and most of my health books I write on my own. I’ve often wondered how I could help the many health professionals I interview who tell me they want to write their own books … who dream of having a bestseller in the health category … but who don’t really know how to take the next step.
If you’re a health professional who wants to write his or her own book, now there is a next step: Good For You Editorial Consulting.
I work with health professionals who want to conceive and execute a bestselling health book. Here are the steps …
- First, I find out all about you and your work, and your goals for a health book (conventional publishing, self-publishing, etc).
- Next, working with you, I conceive a highly commercial title, sub-title and table of contents for your book. As editor-in-chief of Prevention Magazine Health Books and Rodale Books from 1986 to 1995, I conceived and supervised the editing of dozens of bestselling health books, including the mega-selling Doctors Book of Home Remedies. I’ve also conceived and written my own 10 books—which have sold more than 2 million copies.
- The next step depends on your goals for your book. If you want to self-publish, I can walk you through that process, which is easier than ever. There are many (many!) self-publishing options, depending on your budget. If you want to explore conventional publishing, I can connect you to one of my network of professional health writers, to help you write a book proposal. (In some cases, I can write the proposal, for a fee separate from consulting.)
- I can continue to supervise your project, ensuring the proposal is equal in quality to the 10 proposals that I’ve written—which in total have generated more than $1,000,000 in advances from top publishers such as Simon & Schuster, Random House, Rodale, Bottom Line Books, Wiley and Sterling.
- Once the proposal is completed, I can send it on your behalf to one or more top literary agents who specialize in health books.
If you’re a health professional with the dream of writing a top-selling health book, send me an email to schedule a no-obligation 1-hour consultation about your publishing goals, to see if Good For You Editorial Consulting is the right option for you.
- Bharat Aggarwal, PhD, a professor at MD Anderson Cancer Center and an expert in using spices for healing (Healing Spices)
- Nathan Bryan, PhD, a world-renowned expert on nitric oxide, at the University of Texas Health Sciences Center (The Nitric Oxide Solution).
- Audrey Kunin, MD, a dermatologist, and founder and president of the successful website www.dermadoctor.com (The DERMAdoctor Skinstruction Manual)
- Harry Preuss, MD, a professor at Georgetown University Medical Center, and an expert in nutritional supplementation for health and healing (The Natural Fat-Loss Pharmacy)
- Jacob Teitelbaum, MD, the fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome guru (Real Cause, Real Cure).
- Janet Zand, OMD, a Doctor of Oriental Medicine, and founder of the well-known Zand line of nutritional supplements and herbs (The Nitric Oxide Solution).
- Michael Zemel, PhD, the director of the Department of Nutrition at the University of Tennessee (The Calcium Key)
- Bill is the best! He takes complex information and turns it into fun and easy reading. He does all this while getting across the information needed to help transform the reader’s life. In addition to being fun to work with, he—simply put—gets the job done, making it really easy and a great experience for his collaborator. If you’re a doctor or other health professional who wants to write a book, I highly recommend working with Bill.”
— Jacob Teitelbaum, MD, author with Bill Gottlieb of Real Cause, Real Cure (Rodale, 2011).